Cropped pants, capris, clamdiggers. They may be known by many names but these short pants have become known and loved by women of all ages, shapes and sizes, and with good reason. Cropped pants offer a cool alternative to full-length trousers or jeans and are perfect for when the weather starts heating up. As popular as they are, wearing cropped pants can be a bit trickier than you’d think. Here are a few tips to help you select the best style for your figure:
- Make sure the hemline ends at the narrowest part of your leg. If it stops at the widest part of your calf, your legs will appear larger and shorter.
- Pleats? Please, don’t. They only serve to add volume where you want to minimize it.
- How about cuffs? Cuffs are best on those with long, nimble legs and should be avoided on those with short legs.
- Opt for cropped pants that have straight or barely flared legs. They’ll balance out hips and keep you proportional.
- To create an elongated leg line pair your cropped pants with heels or some of the season’s hottest wedges. Flat shoes can give this look a dowdy appearance.
So now your only real dilemma with wearing cropped pants should be choosing a color! Go for one of the season’s pale neutrals or a darker color if your bottom half is heavier than your top. You’ll look chic and keep your cool too!